Make Your Property More Attractive to Buyers
Your home is a reflection or your tastes and personality, but it may not be to the liking of the potential buyer. When you are fixing up your home, invest your money wisely. It may not be feasible to replace all the kitchen worktops and bathroom units so spend the money on fixing the essentials.
Make an entrance – First impressions are everything
- Add interest to your doorway with potted plants
- Pave a pathway to your front door
- Paint tired front doors
- Consider improving privacy or the perception of privacy by adding a low wall or hedges
- Paint dark and narrow hallways with a light colour
- Invest in a new door mat
Living in comfort– Neutral décor wins
- Use neutral colours
- Receding colours such as blues and greens will make a small space seem larger
- Find a focus in your room. If you don’t have a natural focus, add a feature wall
- Clean your carpets and furniture
- Ensure marked or damaged timber floors are re-sanded and polished
- Lay out your living room to maximize space while still making it look practical
Cook up an interest – create a kitchen you want to be in
- Fix any broken or torn tiles
- Clear your kitchen clutter and dishes!
- Replace missing door handles or broken drawers
- Replace any stained or scratched benchtops
- A fresh coat of paint will cover cooking splatters and add life to a drab kitchen
Soak up a sale – Create a luxurious bathroom
- Your bathroom must be spotless including all walls, tiles, taps and vents
- Fix or replace cracked basins, toilets or tubs
- Air your bathroom before inspections - bad smells are a buyer turn off!
- Add a little luxury with plump towels, boutique bath products and plants
- Maximise space wherever you can such as putting the towel rail behind the door
Sleeping in style – Storage is everything!
- Reduce the amount of furniture in small bedrooms to give the impression of space
- Storage is important – built in wardrobes are a big selling point
- Add luxury with fresh linen, puffed pillows and extra cushions
- Dimmer switches create atmosphere in the bedroom
- De-personalise your bedroom
Step outside - Create an Eden
- Trim your lawns and weed your garden beds
- Define your neighbouring borders
- Give the illusion of space in a courtyard by using large pavers
- Introduce colour by adding flowering plants or colourful plant pots
Finishing touches – Don’t forget the finer details!
- Ensure all areas have been dusted, vaccumed and all rooms are fitted with new light bulbs
- Add colour to neutral rooms with non-intrusive accessories
- Add elegance by extending your curtain drop so it pillows on the floor
- Use a plugin freshener for a pleasant yet now overpowering scent
- Open all curtains to make the rooms look as bright and airy as possible. During winter night visits, close the curtains and set the lights to make the house look warm and cosy.